Sunday, January 20, 2013

Projects

The newest little Williams may be a victim of younger child syndrome as Mom hasn't put as much effort into setting up a nursery for him as she did with the first.  Why put effort into an entire room when you are looking for a new house?  This, my friends, is a great recipe for mom-guilt.  Here are a few of the projects I have actually completed:

I saw this mobile on Pintrest...

... and here is my version...


I recovered the floral pattern cushions on the rocker in the guestroom.  I was tickled with it.  Not too shabby for a girl who doesn't sew!

"Baby Brother's" corner of the guestroom is ready for him.  My great-grandfather made this cradle for my grandfather who also used it for my dad.  My mom found it in pieces in the attic and put it back together.  She made the bedding out of sheets her mother made her.  It is a precious gift to be able to use piece of family history again.  

What little boy wouldn't love to sport an R2 D2 onesy (but not as creative as the Yoda onesy Amanda Caldwell made for E)?  The patch is from Ebay...


And a project for Elijah... This table belonged to my nephew 15 years ago and my mom saved it.  Several layers of primer, spray paint, acrylic, and polyurethane later and- Ta-Da!- a new little table for Elijah in our kitchen.