Friday, August 16, 2013

For your reading enjoyment...

A very wise friend shared this article.  It made me laugh because it is true.  I heard another mom who was much younger than me (and wiser too, I think) say (and I paraphrase) that it doesn't matter eternally how or what or when I feed my children or put them to bed or dress them.  It doesn't matter because these are the things that will not shape or change their hearts.   Only Jesus can do this.  Those things also won't shape their outcomes in life.  My job is to point them to Jesus whether I breastfeed or bottle feed or let them cry it out or use cloth diapers.  I am desperately dependent on the One who loves me enough to die to make enemies His friends.  Jesus holds my children's hearts and writes their story.  I have to trust that He is good in these too.