Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Smile


This kid is full of words that make us smile.  Here are a few of the latest posted here so I don't forget them!

-  E woke up at 4:30am this morning.  As I was tucking him back into bed with all of his stuffed animals he asked me, "Mom, you have stuffed animals in your bed?"  I told him no but I got to sleep with daddy instead.  It was a good enough answer for him and he went to sleep.

-  We are trying to teach him to ask for things politely rather than demanding them... "May I have a (fill in the blank) please?"  So... when he wants to get down from his booster seat at the dinner table he asks, "May I have a get down please?"  The first time I heard this I about fell out laughing and thought, "Alright, Buddy!  Get down with your bad self!"  

-  We were trying to get E to eat a piece of watermelon the other day at dinner.  He.  just. would. not. do. it.  I could see the determination on his face and this, my friends, was a battle of wills.  He finally took the watermelon but rather than putting it in his mouth he put it on his head.  In his hair.  Really?  I had to cover my mouth so he wouldn't see me laughing.  

-  He is at the stage where all boo-boos are healed with kisses, he is terrified of band-aids, and spiders are the worst things ever... other than watermelon.

-  He loves his brother and introduces him to everyone, especially in grocery stores.  "I'm I-jah and this is my brudder Si-Man!"  It is really sweet.

-  He wears Brooks' Jack-a-Roo hat as a cowboy hat and one of my scarves while shouting, "Wee-ha".  I need to expand his dress-up options.

-  We read a children's Bible every night and his favorite story is about God delivering the Israelites from Egypt and the ten plagues.  He calls this story "the blood one".  Should I be worried?

-  He loves to ask me to hold him ("Mommy, hold!") and has no problem holding my hand.  It won't always be this way so I try to comply as often as I can.