So, I may never learn but I am trying to grow a garden... again. This will be #3. I think I grew a total of five cherry tomatoes from the first two gardens. Total.
We had some very old railroad ties in a corner of our yard. In a sub-super-human feat of strength, I dragged three of them from one side of the yard to the other and then took a nap. I am really out of shape. These ties were placed and filled with dirt and dreams of a lush garden and much produce. After I moved the beams, I did some research on using railroad ties to build raised beds and spent a day worrying about creosote seeping into my family's food. Then, I remembered my record for growing vegetables and all fear was relieved. In the meantime, we will have fun watering the garden and watching these plants grow. I will have a wonderful time watching these boys rake the dirt while wearing their safety gear.


