Thursday, October 20, 2011

Seven

On the day Elijah achieved "Seven-Months-Old" status, he also surprised us with his first tooth.  We have been expecting it for months and it arrived quietly with little crying.  Later that night, I walked into his room to find him pulled up on the side of his crib.  Needless to say, Brooks and I lowered his mattress and laughed at this little boy who keeps surprising us.  Did I mention that he had begun officially crawling three days before?


I hope that there is never a day that I am not grateful for the health of this little kid.  As the Lord cannot be any less good to us than He was when Jesus died on the cross to make us His, He would not be any less good if Elijah was not healthy and hitting these milestones.  I rejoice in prayers answered for this little guy and the One who lavishes His love on parents like me who often trip on our own milestones.