This was my view yesterday afternoon while I sat in the shade and watched my oldest play in the sandbox. This is my job. Are you kidding me? Someone please pinch me hard if you hear me complaining about changing diapers, sleepless nights, or a frustrating two year old. Yes, Brooks. This invitation especially includes you. There were times I doubted I would ever be married let alone be the mom of two sweet boys. May I never forget this and what a gift this afternoon was! Bring on the dirty diapers, throw up, and tantrums. I am usually not grateful for these things. May the God who loves and is faithful to me despite my faithlessness (and forgetfulness) continue to grow my heart so I love my kids the way He loves us. So I die to myself as He died for me. Just like these boys, I have a lot of growing up to do.
