When I was pregnant with Simon, several moms told me that having the boys less than two years apart would be really hard the first couple of years and then wonderful later. They were not lying about the first year being difficult trying to take care of a newborn and a newly two-year-old. I thought I was losing my mind. However, two and a half years later these boys are best friends and we are so grateful for how they love one another. The other night I went into their room and Simon had crawled out of bed and set up camp on the floor next to his brother. I had to stop and take a photo. He just wanted to be near Elijah.
They don't have a perfect relationship. Elijah still steals toys from Simon and Simon kicks over his brother's lego creations, but it is a sweet relationship. I pray God would allow them to continue to share it as they grow.
