Sunday, April 15, 2012

Retreat!

Photo stolen from google images as my camera battery was dead!
Friday night, Brooks and I retreated to Greenville for our first on-our-own-since-becoming-parents-overnight trip.  I am so grateful to my husband and my parents for making it possible.  It was 24 hours of uninterrupted conversation with my husband, a time to catch-up with him, no diapers or tears or throw-up, a chance to breath deep and rest.  We ran errands, hung-out, laughed, slept late in a bed I didn't have to make, walked in Falls Park, went to the art museum, and drove around Furman.  I returned missing the little one and refreshed to face more diapers, tears, and throw-up.  For some reason, our evenings at home have been difficult for the last couple of weeks and this trip was well-timed.   This evening and the kind, sweet man I shared it with are no doubt gifts from a God who lavishes His love on us.