Wednesday, January 15, 2014

11 Months


This is the next to last growth photo before the big "O-N-E".  How has this happened so quickly?  I keep thinking Simon is younger than he is and then he surprises me by reaching a milestone.  I don't know if this is because I have an almost three-year-old to compare him to or if it is because he isn't walking yet.  But I really think it might be because he doesn't really have much hair yet.  


This kid loves to "read" and will talk to himself while he turns pages in the books he's pulled off the bookshelf.  He enjoys Ziva, probably more than she enjoys him.  Sometimes the two of them will sit on the floor in the livingroom and share cereal from Simon's snack cup.  I think they are good friends.  Allergies were the big challenge this month.  He's always had skin rashes but they never really seemed to bother him so I didn't bother to change his diet.  However, a new food gave him a miserable upset stomach and then the worst diaper rash either boy has ever had.  Some probiotics and restricting his diet cleared it up, thank goodness.  We are going to get him tested for allergies so I don't worry every time he tries something new.  

We love this little boy who is growing up so fast.  What a sweet gift he is to us!