Thursday, April 23, 2015

Even the Darkness is Light to Him

I rediscovered this CD this afternoon while trying to quiet a crying two year old in the car.  I am not sure if it is molars or an ear infection or just plain sin but the S-man was not happy today. 

 My sister sent the CD around the time I had Elijah.  I remember putting it on repeat while I tried to sleep on the floor of his room dreading my next failed attempt at breastfeeding.  It was intended to comfort him but actually brought me to tears... but good ones.  Thank you, Michael Card.

This afternoon, it worked its magic again and another little boy was quiet while this mama cried.  Again, while listening to the song below.  Sad news about friends and people we've prayed for comes all at once sometimes and the darkness is thick.  But, even the darkness is light to Him who is sovereign and good and working it all out to give us a hope and a future.

So, look beyond the synthesizers and harp music.  The lyrics of this song are sweet and true.


And... if you want to laugh...

Read this by Starla Goodrich.  I laughed out loud all the way through the comments.