Elijah has said some really funny things before bedtime the last few weeks. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Somehow we got on the topic that babies come from mommies and not daddies (no, this is not any kind of announcement). Elijah insisted babies came from daddies too. While sitting on the floor next to Brooks, Elijah leaned into him and said, "Shhh! Do you hear that quiet sound? That's a baby coming out of Daddy's body." Kids can be so weird :)
- Our good-night bedtime song is a version of Aaron's blessing. Elijah's version includes, "The Lord make His face shine upon you, and give you candy, and give you candy, and give you CANDY forever!"
- After putting him to bed, I heard bumps and thumping coming from Elijah's room. When I checked on him I found him reading on his floor rather than lying in bed. Caught in his disobedience, my little sinner looked up at me and said, "Mom, I was just reading the Bible!" Man, I love this kid.
